Monday, August 10, 2009

10:30-12:30

Nope...not another day to myself. These were two of the longest hours of my life today! I decided that it would work out great to schedule my youngest 2 k-crew members for a doctor's appointment on the same day at the same time. You know...kill 2 birds with one stone. Can I just tell you that it was CRAZY! Luckily my sweet husband was able to keep Kaden with him so it was just me and the little guys.
Karter has been through a lot in his short 22 months on this earth...an ICU stay, tubes, the oxygen tint, and just the misery of not being able to breath has plagued him since day one. Because of this Doctors are just not his favorite people in the world. He started screaming the minute we walked in the door until we left two hours later.
Kolson did great...he is growing like crazy and right on track...although it was hard to figure out how to feed him with a screaming Karty.
So... two hours, 5 shots, and a few prescriptions later we made it...we survived. However, we did leave with the news that Karter is going to need ANOTHER set of tubes! Please pray for our sweet middle boy. He had a scary reaction to the meds last time.
Jillian from The 30 day Shred may not agree but felt like I earned the coke I treated myself to after that kind of morning!:)

I'll leave you with a few pictures of our almost 12 pound little guy...

4 comments:

Allison said...

Poor little guy! I still have tubes in my ears so I know the feeling! I'll be praying for him!

Keri said...

12 pounds!? Wow, he sure has grown. Cute pics.

Flo and Grace said...

You earned one more badge of honor on your motherhood vest. : )

Epic estes adventures said...

I am so sorry about your day! Poor Karter, we will be praying for him also. At least Kolson is cool beans! That's how we 3rd children roll!