Sunday, October 16, 2011

A party for Karty!

It's hard to believe that our little red headed boy is 4!!  Last week on October the 8th our fiery little guy celebrated his 4th birthday.  Since it was a really busy weekend we decided to wait a week for a birthday party...but we couldn't skip our birthday morning tradition...donuts with candles!!:)


All three of my boys LOVE donuts (just like Daddy)  so it is the perfect birthday breakfast!  We had been to homecoming the night before and they were still sporting their tiger tattoos (or as Karter and Kolson call them...tad-a-toos)

We have never really done a big birthday for Karter so I knew that I wanted to do something special this year to celebrate our little guy.  So, I took his love for all things superheros and ran with it!  I may not have been born with the crafty gene but I was born with the copy cat gene!  Everything from the party was something I found on line...I am so thankful for all of the creative people that God created!:)


There were superhero cupcakes...

And super suckers!
And a super hero party just isn't complete without capes!

And masks!
And then it was time for the "academy"...each kiddo had to go through "super hero" training before getting their super sucker!

We started by scaling the city...

Then we vaporized the villains with silly string
Next up the bat!  The kiddos crawled through and got the kryptonite (glow in the dark bracelets) before it could harm superman!
Then they had to get through the web that spiderman left!
The official superhero academy graduates!

 I loved watching my big boy blow out his candles and open his presents.  Karter is a passionate little boy (wonder where he gets that from;) and he was so excited about each part of the party.  I can't wait to see what God has planned of all of that  passion!
After the celebrating the kiddos just had fun playing together and enjoying the beautiful day!
One of Karter's favorite presents was a superman costume...in fact he slept in it last night!

Even baby Chase got in on the fun with a cape of his own!
 Karter was so excited to have several of his grandparents there to celebrate his special day!

All together it was a great day...such a fun way to celebrate such a fun little boy!

Karter,
I want you to know how much I love you!  You are fire and ice and you love more deeply then most people I know.  Yes, there are some very challenging days...but like I tell you at night before bed...God has big plans for you sweet boy.  You have all the passion of your Daddy and the stubbornness of your Mommy.  I pray daily that God will give me the wisdom I need to help you grow into the super hero of a man I know you will be.  I love the light in your eyes and the way you get so excited about the things you love.  You are an amazing little boy and I am so thankful for you!
Happy Birthday Karty boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it Jenna! You know I think Karter gets some of that passion from you too! I love your passion for your boys and for other children as well! You are amazing and I love you very much!