Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Reading

I was never a reader. I hated it when I was younger. I was that kid that tried to duck down in hopes that the teacher wouldn't see me when she was calling on people to read out loud. At one point I was even put into a group with the "slow kids" while we were reading a novel as a class. Needless to say, reading was not my thing.
However, during my junior year of high school my English teacher challenged us to find a book that we LIKED and write about it. For some unknown reason I picked up "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti and from that moment on I was hooked. I read everything Frank Peretti had to offer and just kept going. If you have never read "This Present Darkness" or "Piercing the Darkness" you are missing out on a great read and a blessing. They are both books that tell a story about the spiritual warfare going on all around us.
Here are some of the things I have been reading this summer.

Anything by Karen Kingsbury is great! The book above is from the Redemption series that has had me hooked for a while now. If you want a book that you can't put down and that also inspires you to walk closer with the Lord through any circumstance this is the series for you.

I started the book above earlier this summer and I have loved it! It is so practical...with fun ideas for letting your husband know how special he is. It has really impacted the way I think about being a wife and how I can be a wife that encourages and lifts up my husband. It has been well worth the $12 I paid for it and I would recommend it to any married woman.Finally, we come to our summer ladies bible study. We are only one week in and already the Lord has touched my heart. I just love how God just meets you where you are. Isn't is cool to think that he knew I would do this bible study at this time and he made sure it would have exactly what I needed to hear. God is so cool!

No comments: