Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Verses 6,7, and 8.

So March and the beginning of April was CRAZY.  I know I say that a lot but truthfully things around here are pretty crazy most of the time!  I think we would be board and wondering what to do if it wasn't that way!

In all of the craziness I missed learning a verse for the 2nd half of March.  After spending some time talking to my friend Kim I decided that I really wanted to know the verses in Romans that talk about salvation.  I know that I am a preacher's wife and I have heard these verses over and over but I will admit that I have never taken the time to hide them in my heart the way I should.  When I was thinking about this it reminded me of the scripture that talks about being prepared in and out of season to give an account of the hope we have.  So I am choosing to learn 3 verses from Romans for my March and April verses.  These verses are familiar to me so they will not take long to learn.  I think I will challenge myself to learn at least one more verse on the 15th of this month.

So here are my verses:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death. but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED!!