Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dear Karter...

My dearest Karty boy,
We took you to eat pizza after church today.  Sundays always seem to be a rather stressful day for you.  You are normally crying by the time I make it to the nursery to pick you up and most of the time I have to literally drag you to the car.  Today was no different.  I should have known from the melt down in the parking lot that today was most likely not the best day for a meal out. Never the less, I was out of town this weekend and did not have lunch planned so, we decided to brave it anyway.  You did not disappoint!  After I did not let you carry your own plate of jello you had a full blown melt down.  I always know a melt down is coming when you take your shoes off....I guess it is your way of showing me you your dissatisfaction.  Today you even took your socks off...I assume you were severely dissatisfied!  Your melt down included VERY loud crying while you rolled on the floor.  Yes, there were other church members there and yes it was a little embarrassing but to be honest we are used to it by now!  I am telling you all of this so that someday when you have a curly red headed boy who has a serious problem controlling his temper you will know that you are not the first parent dealing with this...and so you can call and apologize...just kidding!:)
Karter you are such a strong and tough little boy.  You rarely cry when you get hurt and you have a very STRONG desire for things to be done YOUR way (you are a lot like your Daddy:)!  I know that some day God is going to use your strong personality to do great things for Him...much like the way He is using your Daddy here in Malakoff.  The hardest part for me as your mommy is figuring out how to get you to that point!  You are our miracle baby, our long awaited one, an answer to prayers.  When you were born I thought that God was just answering my prayer to have another baby...now I am convinced that He answered my prayer to have more patience as well!:)  You challenge me and stretch me and make me want to think out of the box!  I am praying that God will use me as your mommy to train you how to use that powerful personality He has given you.
I love you sweet Karter...even when you are in melt down mode!  I love the way your smile lights up a room.  I love your zeal for live and every kind of ball on the face of the earth.  I love the way you adore your Bubba and want to be just like him.  God has big plans for you sweet boy...let's just work on a little self control!:)
I am so blessed to be the mommy of you and your sweet brothers.  There is never a dull moment with the three of you. 

I love you!
Mommy

4 comments:

Keri said...

Gotta love him.

I think you're doing a great job with your boys.

Flo and Grace said...

Okay. That was funny. ; ) I know it wasn't at the time, though. Remember you past post....one day you'll miss those meltdowns and wish they were still little. Well....maybe miss them. haha. MOMMYHOOD IS da' bomb!(Yes, I just used that word)

Allison said...

Haha! The shoes are definitely the clue to a meltdown! I am so excited to see what the future holds for that little man!

JMass said...

Oh, Karty!

We love you too!