Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yum-O!

I could not think of a better way to describe our dinner from earlier this week.

Not long ago I stumbled upon a blog called The Pioneer Woman.  Ree Drummond aka  The Pioneer Woman grew up in the big city and was living a citified life until she met and fell in love with a cattle rancher.  Now she lives on a ranch in the middle of nowhere.  From her ranch she blogs about life, cooking, homeschooling, photography, and more.  I have been most captivated by her cooking section where there are step by step pictures to go with all of her recipes.  For a girl who buys a cook book based on the pictures this is my dream come true!

My sweet friend Flo got her cook book for Christmas (hint, hint mom:) and has also been trying some recipes!  On Monday night I made these:

Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich

Like Flo there was no time to take pictures of my own...they looked so good and tasted every bit as good.  We took Flo's suggestion and added some swiss cheese.  I served them up with a fruit salad and we enjoyed a meal on the back porch.  These sandwiches get 5 stars in my book for tastiness, and ease of preparation!  Try them you will not be dissapointed!

3 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Weren't they good? We definitely will have these in on our rotation, but I don't know if all the 'fryin in butter' is P90Xish. :) I did Day2 of Plyometrix today w/Boog. WOWZERS.

Allison said...

We are huge fans of the " favorite sandwich #2"! I love her recipes...i actually heard they were making a movie of her story!

Keri said...

Wow, that looks good. I'm like you, I want to see a picture of the recipe.