Monday, April 4, 2011

Walking on Sunshine!!

I am currently working my way through Beth Moore's study on Daniel and let me tell you it has been great!!

Tonight I read about God answering the prayer of Daniel, Hananiah, Misheal, and Azariah to reveal the mysteries of King Nebuchadnezzar's dream to them.

I was first touched and convicted by the fact that these praying men didn't just say a short prayer but they got on their knees and begged God until the answer came...scripture records that the answer didn't come until the middle of the night. When was the last time I was so desperate for God to move that I prayed through the night?

What totally blessed my socks off was Daniel's response to God answering their prayer. I am so glad that Beth is challenging me to memorize these words as a part of the study:

Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the descerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers; you have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.

Praise just exudes from Daniel in these verses as he declares how great our God is and that He is the giver of wisdom and power...the only one who can answer our prayers.

I love that Daniel didn't just run off to see the king...after all his life and lives of all the other wise men were at stake, it would seem like getting the king as quickly as possible would have been the very best thing to do...I am sure it is what I would have done. But not Daniel, he chose to stop and offer up wholehearted praise and gratitude to the only one worthy of it. I love that he chose to stop and celebrate the answer to his prayer. So often I run so crazy that I forget to stop and offer up my praise to God, giving him the glory that is rightfully his.

So tonight I am going to stop and praise my God for the wonders he has done this week!!

Not long ago we received word that adoptions could be seriously reduced in Ethiopia. With much prayer from people all of the world it seems this is no longer a reality and adoptions are and will be continuing.

On Tuesday of this week we had our fingerprints done for USCIS (immigration) and we knew we would need to wait for our approval letter before we would be completely finished with our dossier (big pile of adoption papers). We were gearing up to wait at least 2 weeks and maybe even a month or two. Would you believe that our approval letter arrived on Saturday...just 4 days after our fingerprints!!!

God has already provided more than half of what we need for this adoption and we are more than confident that He will provide the rest down to the very penny!
(And these are just a few of the things He has done and is continuing to do)
So in Daniel fashion:

I thank you and I praise you, O God of my fathers; You have given us favor and blessing. You have carried us and provided for us along this adoption journey. You are God and you are Holy. What God is so great as our God? Thank you for your wonders and your mighty deeds!!

3 comments:

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Jenna, Oh! Yes! what a Mighty God we Serve! Thanks for the encouragement in this post! Have a wonderful day:)

JMass said...

Amen!

Kim B said...

Hey Jenna! That's awesome! Ethan just walked up when I was reading this, and he said, "That's Karter's mom!" He's so funny!