Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh Happy Day!


Last Saturday was a very happy day in the Lorick house! Nathan returned after being gone to India, Nepal, Thailand, and London for 2 whole weeks!
The boys were SO excited! They each made a sign for him and we went in to wait for him!

It took Nathan and John several minutes to go through custom...it was all I could do to hold the boys back! I will never forget how Kaden was looking under the doors to see if he could see feet coming. We were so excited every time the doors opened. Finally Nathan came through and the boys were off.

Kaden and Karter ran full speed to him.



And when I let Kolson out of the stroller he too was off and running, say "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" the whole way!


We were so excited to have him home again! It had been such a long time since we had really had a conversation that I think we talked the entire way home. It is amazing how much you miss talking to your best friend even if it is just about the day to day stuff!

And can I just add that when I walked into the airport there was a sweet family who had just gotten off the plane with their precious 18 month old daughter from Ethiopia! I love the way that God orchestrates all of the details. She was beautiful and once again God reminded me that sweet Kenzi will be home someday too!

I loved the sweet moments when we were finally home together again as a family. Nathan opened up his suitcase and showed us all of the treasures he brought home! Each treasure had a story and several of them were for the boys. It reminded me of when I was little and my dad would go on TDY with the military. We always knew he would come home with special things for us! I love special times with our sweet little family!




(Yes, Karter is wearing a blanket for a cape! He has no shortage of imagination)



We love you Nathan and we are so proud to call you ours!!

3 comments:

Loren said...

Oh Jenna.....I can just feel the love and excitement in this post! Your neck craning to see if he is coming down the way yet and then bam...take off running when you see him! I love it :) What a precious time it sounds like he had with the Lord and HIS people!! Welcome Home to your Honey!!

Love and blessings to you

Brandi Hanes said...

So glad he made it home safe!! God is still in control and your boys will forever remember the love for the KING because of you and Nathan. Thank you sweet friend for being there for me during my time of need,I love you and your precious family!!! :)

Blessings~

Nana's Nuggets said...

Oh! my, I felt the excitement! I was looking at those treasures he brought home~ wow~ that frog would make me jump and run! I am terrified of frogs, and that mask would make me stop and think?...who's there? Ha-Ha! too cute, Love it! so happy:) for the Love of family! Thank You Lord!