Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas #2

Christmas #2 was bitter sweet. We were so blessed to be able to take Sunday morning off from our sweet church family so that we could be in church with Nathan's dad and all of his sisters. The message was wonderful and there is just something about worshipping with those you love so dearly.
It was difficult not having sweet Maria with us this year...although I couldn't help but think how beautiful Christmas must be in heaven as all the heavenly hosts gather around to praise our Lord and remember His coming to Earth so many years ago.

We came home from church to have the famous brisket that Nathan's dad, John, makes. (I am so excited because he taught me how to make it this year!) Eating with our three boys can be crazy enough but imagine 11 kiddos...8 and under and it is just plain chaos. I think all of us mamas would have done better with a shovel instead of a fork...I am not even sure I chewed my food!:)

After lunch we gathered all the kiddos around to pass out the gifts.


John and Maria have always loved Christmas! They have always used this time to literally lavish the kiddos with love and gifts. I know Maria was smiling in heaven today as the kiddos torn into their bags!


And I am sure she loved watching them have a marshmallow fight with the marshmallow guns they all got! Knowing her she probably would have gotten one for herself just so she could play with them...she was just that kind of Grammie!




Karter getting his "loot" ready to go!

2 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Is there a Christmas #3? : ) Looks like a great time with the family. I'm sure just what ya'll needed....Merry Christmas!

Brandi Hanes said...

Love it!! Hey I ran across a blog that reminded me of you, it will bless you...check it out!www.ourdailysmiles.blogspot.com