Thursday, January 5, 2012

Transformed.......

While I do realize that today is in fact this 5th day of January, today marked the real beginning of the New Year in Lorick house.  Kaden went back to school and all of the Christmas decorations finally came down!

I am so thankful for a New Year, for a new start, for a God who's mercies are new EVERY morning.  I love the idea that we are literally looking at a blank canvas as we step into 2012.  So much can happen in a year, and yet if we are not careful to make the most of every moment this year could potentially slip right by leaving us exactly the same.

That is why it is important to set goals and resolutions for the New Year.  I can hear Nathan in my head right now saying "If you aim at nothing you will hit it everytime"!  We need something to aim for, something to focus on!

There are so many things I would like to aim for this year.  So many goals I could set for myself.  And while I do have a list of some specific areas I want to work on I just can't get past this one chapter in Romans that I have literally been reading for 3 weeks now and the way it has just grabbed my heart.

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set your mind on the flesh is death but to set your mind on the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:5-6


I was reminded as I read these words that we are TRANSFORMED by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2).  If we continually set our minds on the things of our flesh we will never experience the life, the peace, and the transformation that we are all looking for. 

So above all this year my goal is that I will daily set my mind not on myself and the desires of my flesh but on Him and His desires. 

Will you join me this year in seeking to be truly transformed by the Spirit that offers the true promise of life and peace...who know how the other areas of our lives will be transformed when we allow Him to mold us and shape us!

Happy 2012!

Here are so pictures of our last day of Christmas break...the boys and I celebrated by going to Chuck E. Cheese...

1 comment:

BeechemBrightSpots said...

Hey! I hope you are having a great week! I miss you! I have been working on transforming my attitude too! I decided my words for this year are "joy" and "peace." :)