Friday, May 14, 2010

Divine Appointments

One of my most favorite songs by Shane and Shane says "Holy Design, this place and time, that I might seek and find my God".  I believe in that.  I believe that we serve a God who is big enough to form the world and craft the mountains but I also believe we have a God that is small enough to take the time to design each and every moment of our lives.  Nothing is an accident.

As Nathan and I have searched and prayed and begged God to make His path straight before us I have been so amazed by how He has worked the littlest things together, as almost to whisper to us..."Yes, I am calling you...yes, I am calling you to rescue a precious child...yes, I am calling you to Africa.

I won't bore you with all of the ways He has whispered to our hearts but I wanted to share a few.  So that someday when our child is older he or she will be able to see how God worked in our lives to bring us together.

  • one night while I was sitting on the couch I happened to look up at the TV that was muted at the time...across the TV was a big banner that said "Take Care of Orphans"
  • Nathan turned on the TV for the boys this morning and on Nick Jr a family came on with their daughter who was adopted from Ethiopia. (God can even use a cartoon channel!)
  • on one of the weeks when I was really struggling with whether or not God was calling us to adoption our Lifegroup lesson had a little blurb about adoption...and to be honest it didn't have much to do with the lesson so I knew God put it there just for me...another little whisper!
  • on the same weekend that I needed to be in San Antonio for my sister's baby shower the adoption agency we are looking at was having a seminar in San Antonio.
These are just a few of the ways that our God has been so good to us by making His path known to us.  It has also reminded me what a personal God we serve.  He knows me...He knows that I tend to be like doubting Thomas so many times.  I am always questioning myself and trying to explain things away.  I am so blown away by His love for me that He would be kind enough continually send confirmation to me.  What a great God we serve!

I want to leave you with something my sweet friend Penny sent to me that God used to really speak to Nathan and I about our call to adopt.  Take a minute to watch it and be blessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgLf3rN9xg&feature=youtube_gdata

3 comments:

JMass said...

Wow......! There are no more words to be spoken after that.

Stacy said...

Gave me chills..God is so amazing, praying for all of you as you start this journey.

Kimberly said...

You and the whole fam are in our prayers as you go through this process. Please keep us updated!