Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Maria

This Monday night we started our first session of summer bible study. We are going through "A Beautiful Offering" by Angela Thomas. Our first night was a huge success with over 50 ladies attending. I am praying that God is going to big things in all of our lives as we seek to know Him more.
During the introduction video, Angela talked about "the church lady"...you know the one who always has smile no matter what and has learned all the church language but who is really doing a lot of pretending. I am sad to say that really identified with "the church lady" and have felt like a plastic person on more then one occasion.

After introducing to the church lady, Angela talked about the truly beautiful lady. The lady who walks into the room and just radiates God. The type that you want to be next to just in hopes that some of that godliness will just splash on to you.

I have met a women like this and I wanted to take just a minute to let her know the wonderful example she has been to me.

Maria is Nathan's step-mom and Grammy to my two boys. She is the first person that comes to my mind when I think of a real godly woman. Maria exudes the fruits of the spirit. She is always loving, and joyful even in suffering. She has found a wonderful peace even though things seem uncertain at times. She is by far the most patient person I know. I cannot say enough about her kindness...always thinking of others. Even when she is struggling through chemo she finds the strength to write me encouraging notes and to call and check on our family. She is both good and gentle. I have rarely met a woman who is so faithful in her time with the Lord and just her love for others. Self control....she can be the most poised and beautiful woman and at the same time she knows how to have fun on a giant slide with all of her grand kids. Maria is truly a beautiful woman. I am so thankful that I can call her family and that my boys get to have her as their Grammy.

1 comment:

Flo and Grace said...

I'd love to meet Maria one day....those type of women inspire me! You need them in your life, that's for sure. I'd sure love to have some of that Godly Radiance/Confidence, too, but until God decides to splash a little more of His perfume on me, I have to settle for my Godly "realness". (This is who you get...this is my "time" in life (kids, work, busy, etc.)....like me or leave me.) ; )BTW, I think your radiance shows more than you know!