Monday, July 14, 2008

Light bulb moment!!

I love bible studies. I have not had the opportunity to do one in a while and I realized this week how much I have missed it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, God has just met me right where I am. He is really speaking to me and that little problem I have with worrying about who I "should be". I love that verses I have read before are some how new to me and say things that I never heard them saying to me before.

This week my light bulb moment came when I was reading Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil...

I will admit that I have always been fond of the beginning of this verse...you know the green pastures and restoring of my soul. It is the valley of death part that has never been my favorite...until this week.

In the bible study Angela Thomas talked about being in a "valley" and how one of her friends said to her..."I don't think you know your bible very well. God says we walk through the valley of death."

There it is, my light bulb moment. God does not just put us in a valley and leave us there...we walk through the valley. We will not be in the valley forever! Isn't that just the greatest news! Just that one word that I had always just skimmed past has literally changed my life and how I intend to view my "valleys" in the future.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

great word babe. We have certainly been brought through some valleys..By the way does this mean you actually caught up with me???

Love you!
Nathan