Tuesday, April 29, 2008

O.K. Since Jenna won't....I Will



I have decided to join my wife's efforts in our family blog....After all I did create it. I have blogged for 5 years now. However, I will now turn all of my efforts to our family blog. My post will be devotional in thought, informative in nature, and often. I will begin with this thought:


9 years ago I hurried off to college in pursuit of freedom and Independence. I had a world to conquer. My life was all about positions, friends, late nights with new friends, and a little study time. I was having the time of my life as a college freshman and felt as if life was good. Then something changed. I was asked to go preach a revival for this small country church near Pittsburgh, TX. I was asked by the worship leader, who happened to be a friend of mine, if he could bring this girl along for the revival. I fought as hard as I could to change his mind. Yet as destiny would have it, I would be placed with Jenna in the same house. e played monopoly all night long. God moved in that revival in a mighty way. People were saved, lives were rededicated, a church was revived, and two peoples life together began.
After the revival Jenna became friends. I was unusually drawn to her music and voice. I fell in love with her singing of "Come Just As You Are". For some strange reason, over the Christmas holiday I called her house in San Antonio to talk to her. That began a phone relationship that would turn into an exciting friendship. The next few months flew by as Jenna and I became inseparable friends. This was a great time in my life. Yet I did not want to pursue anything further. That summer after a series of God dealing with me, I caved in and confessed my love for her. I knew that if I ever dated her, that I would never date again. We were married in 2002 and have now been married 6 years. She has brought joy into my life. She has brought excitement into my life. She has brought holiness into my life. She has also brought love into my life in the form of Kaden and Karter. WOW! Life flies by when your having fun! I am fortunate to have a family. I am fortunate to have a relationship with the Lord. I am fortunate to live each day with my best friend.


Let me close by saying, If I never gain all that I pursue, I have already acquired the greatest reward in life. My Sweet Family.

Until Next Time,
Nathan

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Thanks babe! Your sweet words mean a lot. Loved you longer!
Jenna