Sunday, August 12, 2012

Walk on the Water



This blog has been sitting for over a month...ready to be published and for some reason I just couldn't hit publish.  But today after hearing my husband preach about Jonah and following God's call...it all I can think about!

"Too often we let "how" get in the way of "what" God wants us to do. We can't figure out how to do what God has called us to do, so we don't do it all."- Mark Batterson The Circle Maker

I wonder how often this has been true in my life?

For the past 2 years I have been captivated by a song. I guess you could say it has become my mantra!

Britt Nicole's song, Walk on the Water has been my constant companion on this adoption journey as well as so many other moments these past 2 + years!

You look around and staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under
You wonder
What if I never make it
What if no one's there
Will you hear my prayer

When you take that first step into the unknown you that He wont let you go

So what are you waiting for
What do have to lose
Your insecurities will try to alter you
But you know you're made more
So be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes and you can walk on the water

I cannot tell you how many times I blasted this song on my iPod as I prepared for the 13.1 miles that seemed impossible!  And trust me...I am using it again this year as we prepare to run for our sweet baby girl!

This song also makes me think about two of my friends, Jennifer and Kim, who stepped out against popular opinion to follow God's call on their lives to homeschool. They had so many questions and unknowns but they stepped out and their kiddos are thriving! 

I just can't hear this song and not think about 9 girls who stepped out and went to Uganda last year.
One of them, Kasey, was so moved and changed on that trip that she is returning this summer WITHOUT a group of friends.  Another, Brandi, left her job where she was named "Teacher of the Year" to follow God's call to another school and grade level that she has never taught before.  Sweet Kristi, had just lost a baby just weeks before our trip and was wondering if God would ever bless them with more...this year she expecting baby Dax!


Another one of those 9 was this girl, my friend Flo.

She was so unsure in the beginning, so many doubts and fears holding her back. But she took that step of faith and now, this year, her and her family just returned from living in Uganda for 2 months!

So get out and let your fear fall to the ground
No time waste, don't wait
And don't you turn around
And miss out on everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
Try to run away

But if you take that first step
Into the unknown
You that He won't let you go

So what are you waiting for??

Let's stop letting the "How" stop us from doing the "What" that He has called us to do!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Great post - wish I was there today. God is so good all the time! Praying for your family with so many changed coming, but God is good!
Blessings my friend...
Janelle