Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The UGLY word...

 

C H A N G E

 

We are currently embarking on the biggest change our family has ever known.  And if you have known us long you know that big change is a theme in our lives!

We moved from Tennessee to Texas just 3 weeks before we had our first baby...new house, new job, new baby...big change!


We moved to Martin's Mill just weeks before the loss of our second baby boy...new house, first time pastoring, loosing a precious baby...big change!


We moved to Malakoff 2 months before we had Karter...in the middle of that move I landed in the hospital!  Once again we had a new house, new church, new baby, and then 2 months later I also had a new job...big change!


Have you noticed a theme?  It seems like every change happens around the same time that I am preggo!  To be honest I was totally surprised that God didn't move us while I was pregnant with Kolson! :)

I am so thankful that the Lord has been so faithful to bring us through each transition.  They have not always been easy, but because of HIS faithfulness we know that we can trust Him in this crazy change once again!

Near the end of July we finally recieved news that a change we have been anticipating will be happening soon!  We were thrilled and overjoyed to see the face of our sweet Kenzi and know that soon our family of 5 will become a family of 6!

The unanticipated change came at the beginning of this month when  Nathan was elected to become the new Director of Evangelism for the Southern Baptist of Texas!  He will now have a part in reaching the whole state for Christ!  I am so proud of him and the way the LORD is using him and his passion for people!  We are so honored and humbled by this new position.  We are excited and hopeful, but we are also facing that word...

CHANGE

We will be changing where we live.  Nathan will be working in Grapevine so a move to the metroplex is in the near future.
In a way that could only be explained as a miracle from God our house here has sold...without it ever going on the market!  But, that leaves us homeless!  At the moment we are not sure exactly sure where we will live!  The plan for now is to put all of our stuff into storage and the boys and I will stay with my parents until the Lord shows us where to live!  I know...it sounds crazy...sometimes following the Lord does seem a little crazy.

Abraham and Sarah left everything to follow God's call not knowing where that would lead.
Noah built a boat even though it had never rained before.
Elijah moved out to the brook and received his food from ravens each day.
Joseph took a young pregnant Mary as his wife based on an angels visit in a dream.
And the list goes on...

Since we are not sure where we will be living we are also changing the way we do school.  For now we will be homeschooling Kaden!  Another huge change!  But this change gives us the freedom to take Kaden with us when we travel to Uganda to get our precious Kenzi...talk about hands on learning!

We will be changing our roles.  For more than 7 years now Nathan has been the pastor and I have been the pastor's wife.  In the beginning I was not sure about the whole pastor's wife thing...I mean, I don't teach Sunday School, I can't play the piano, I didn't think I had the right clothes or enough scripture memorized...I was SCARED!  But now, 7 years in, I am so sad to let this role go.  I have loved teaming up with my husband to minister!  While I am sure we will still have opportunities to minister together, I will miss serving on staff at a church with him!

In the middle of all of this change we are also changing our family!  We are preparing and making room for our sweet Kenzi to join our family soon!  We are praying to have her home before the end of the year!

In all honesty, there are moments when I am scared to death.  I love our life here.  I love our church and the precious people the Lord has allowed us to serve with here.  I love our home, so full of life and memories.  I love the sweet place in our marriage that we have found here.  I have no idea what life will look like with all of these changes...at this point I am not even sure where we will be living this new life...ha! 

But God...thank goodness for those words!  But God, He holds my every moment...he knows exactly where we are going to be living and exactly how He wants to use us in these new roles.  He knows the plans He has and His word has promised that they are not plans to harm us...they may not be easy but I have full confidence that they are for our good.  My only job is to trust Him, to wait Him, and to follow when and where He leads.

So maybe it's not such an ugly word after all...


2 comments:

Kristie Mannery said...

Jenna I'm so thankful that God allowed me to have you as friend. You are AMAZING and I look up to you daily. I will miss you so much and pray your CHANGE becomes the most remarkable one ever! God bless you my sweet friend.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Good Morning Jenna, post was awesome, and you explained "change" in a wonderful way! girl~ as said.."DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW..GOD IS ALREADY THERE"! and I sense where God tells us...We can do all things through Christ which strengthens US! You do no doubt have a million and one things to do, but...*HIS STRENGTH*..and GRACE is and will be Sufficient!! I love you Jenna and I know GOD will make all things come together! and just as myself I sometimes "doubt" just what and how is GOD going to fix this or that?...but that is just the HUMAN in us! HE has already fixed it all for us!! trust, trust, trust!!! Take care of You as well! Love and Blessings:) for one day at a time!