Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Behind the scenes...

I am married to a wonderful man... who happens to be a pastor. 

That means there are usually people watching. 

But most of the time people only get to see the outside...the bright and shiny on Sunday mornings. 


What most people don't get to see is the man that my husband is when he is off the stage and outside of the church. 

The truth is... he is an amazing pastor and preacher but it is who is he is on Monday through Saturday that amazes me most.

I wish that others could see the way he intercedes for our people who are in need.  Or the way he gets in "the zone" on Saturday nights to make sure he is ready for Sunday.  I wish people could hear his prayers on Sunday mornings before he leaves the house....it has always been one of my favorite things about Nathan...he prays with such passion, such faith, and complete humbleness.  He takes so seriously the calling God has placed on his life to Shepard the people here.  He is constantly striving to better himself and spends countless hours on his knees seeking God's will for this place.

I am so proud of the way that my hubby is always encouraging others.  He is continually checking on other ministry friends and encouraging them as they continue to do God's work.  He is such an example to me of what it means to really invest in others.

His determination and hard work when it comes to meeting his goals has always been an inspiration to me (aka the starter...not the finisher). 

In the last year alone he trained for and finished a half marathon in 15 minutes less than his goal time.


He has always desired to write a book and this year a study guide that he wrote was published in a book!


It has been his life long dream to get his doctorate by 30.  This year he turned 30 and finished his doctorate...what you may not know is that he finished with a 4.0 and received a high distinction with his degree!

And he isn't stopping there...in spite of aches and pains he is training for a full marathon and eventually a 100 mile bike ride.  He is continuing to grow in wisdom and knowledge as he has made it a goal to continue reading and learning even though he is done with school.
we were missing Karty on Halloween...not the same without our little red head!

What may be one of the things I love the most about him is the way that he loves our boys.  I love that he can come home and put aside all of the seriousness of the day and get on the floor for a wrestling match.  I love the crazy songs he makes up and the way the boys light up when he walks through the door.  One of my favorite things is to hear him praying with boys at night...he is teaching them to pray with passion and excitement.
 not may favorite picture of me but look how great my man looks...all that hard work is paying off!!

 Perhaps what gets to me the most is the way he loves me.  It is through his love for me that  I have come to understand the way that Jesus loves me.  On my worst days...the days when I decide to take everything out on him and to blame him for everything crazy in my life he still draws close to my side.  The fact that he would love me and be kind to me on the days when I do everything I can to push him away is such a testimony of the love of God that lives in his heart.  Trust me...I can be spiteful, and moody, and just plain ugly and my husband continues to pursue me and remind me of his love for me.  He has truly been the hands and feet of Jesus to me, reminding me that Jesus loves me in spite of me most days.  Jesus loves me when I am unlovely just the way my sweet husband has so many times.  I love that Nathan laughs with me and that he talks with me even when it is about something that doesn't really interest him!  He is the love of my life and continually makes me better.  I can't believe it has been almost 10 years!!   

I love you so much Nathan!  I am so proud of you and can't wait to see what else God has planned for our crazy life together!  You are an amazing husband, father, pastor, and friend!  I am blessed to call you mine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are blessed women. It is so good to have a husband and father that is the "real" deal as a minister. I love this post!

Julie said...

Love the Lorrick family! Nathan is awesome but I have to add that God has blessed him with a wonderful wife! You guys are a true team. That's one of the things that makes a marriage truly wonderful. I have a great team too! God, Michael and myself! I am so thankful for the time you guys spent at FBCWaskom.