Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pollution


Pollution can be defined as an undesirable state of the natural environment being contaminated with harmful substances as a consequence of human activities.
To be honest I do not think about pollution very much. I would not be described as someone who is very green. However, after reading this verse this week I began to think about another kind of pollution. A kind of pollution contaminates lives and families and is the direct consequence of our (my) human mouths.
" Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word, nor unwholesome or worthless talk ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace to those who hear it." Ephesians 4:29 AMP
I have never read this verse in this version, but it really struck me. How many times have I polluted a conversation with gossip, or negativity, or even just spent time talking about things that are worthless? How many times have I polluted Kaden by just the tone of my voice? I am praying that the Lord will give me his power to speak only things that are good and beneficial. I pray that he will speak through me and use my mouth to be a blessing to others...not something that contaminates!

2 comments:

JimBo said...

I need a ton of work in that area! So if you would say a little pray for me to be a better person when it comes to what I say and how I say it to others, especailly the ones I love.

Epic estes adventures said...

I am working on this to, I'm going to hang that verse on the bathroom mirror so I can start my day with it. Also, I wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. I know the upcoming weeks ahead are going to be difficult for you.