Friday, October 7, 2011

Get Ready, Get Set...

RUN!!!!


That is exactly what Nathan and I have been doing for the last few months!  When we started it seemed like we would never get to this point.  Running 1 or 2 miles was a huge challenge.  Just looking at our running plan and seeing numbers like 8, 11, and finally 13.1 made me want to quit right then.

But here we are 3 weeks from our first 1/2  marathon and Nathan and I both just finished an 11 mile run!!

To be honest there have been hard days.  Days when we did not want to run...days when our legs felt like lead weights...days when we had to push the other one out the door.  However, it has also been fun!  We have gotten to run together twice and I can think of no better partner than my handsome hubby, who by the way has dropped 25 lbs on this journey!  We have enjoyed a little healthy competition as we have tried to match the others time or distance.  Sometimes just knowing that Nathan has already run a certain amount of miles is all I need to push me to the last mile...I mean I can't let him out do me!!:)  And really there is just something about the sense of accomplishment after a  long run that is sort of addicting...not to mention not feeling guilty about what I eat afterwards!:)

The major driving factor in all of this has been our sweet  daughter to be.  I have thought of her and prayed for her on every run...knowing that each step, each mile is bringing us one step closer to bringing Kenzi home.  We are running with a purpose!!

When I read this verse this morning before my 11 miler all I could think about was my sweet girl...

1 Cor. 9:25-26 b (NLT)
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step.

There is still time...if you would like to be a part of this purpose...this bringing a little girl into a forever family you can still join Kenzi for Keeps!!

You don't have to run, you can walk with purpose too!:)


Click on the link to register!

The race is October 29th in New Braunfels...a great place to hang out as a family for a little getaway after the race!:)

And because some of you have asked...you can donate specifically to our team (Kenzi for Keeps!)


Click on the link to make a tax deductible donation!

Thank you again to all of you who have been a part of this journey to Kenzi!  Your prayers, support, and generosity have blessed us beyond measure!

*Special thanks to Boog for his wonderful training plan!:)

No comments: