Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Year Goes By

So today I am officially 28 years old. I am 2 years away from being 30, but to be honest, I am totally good with that. Looking back over the past 28 years I can honestly say that I am happy. Happy with where I have been and happy with where I am.
Now don't get me wrong...there are things I would change...like making so many more of my intentions realities instead just relying on "it's the thought that counts" (although, wouldn't it be great if that was what really counted). But truthfully I am doing what I always dreamed of doing.
I am married to the most wonderful man who loves me with all of his heart...even on the days when I know I am hard to love.
I have dreamed of being a mom for as long as I can remember and now I am the mom of 2 beautiful boys with one more on the way!
We are serving at wonderful church who really loves me for me and doesn't expect me to be the typical pastor's wife (cause let's face it...I'm not). I am so blessed to be serving our Lord at FBC Malakoff with some of the most wonderful people.
God has been so good to me.
My goal for year 28...to get back to the basics...loving God and my family with ALL of my heart!

Thank you to everyone who made this such a special day for me! You are all so awesome!:)

2 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Awww. I hope you had a great birthday! Wasn't that cake beautiful? I'm sorry I couldn't stay to see it all.....(I'm just NOT in that season of life yet!) We're awfully blessed to have you as our "Pastor's Wife"!

Keri said...

Glad I was able to share your special day with you. And yes, we all love you bunches!